The Burg Film Festival is an opportunity for all students to present their Films and/or videos to an audience. It’s is an event brought to you by Pittsburg State University’s very own Student Activities Council where the student can celebrate their talents and the locals get a chance to come out and enjoy all the wonderful talents Pitt State students can offer the community.
You get to show your Film or video to an audience! And possibly win $100 cash prize.
The Film Festival will be held April 5th at 8:00 at The Colonial Fox Theater located in downtown Pittsburg.
1st place- $100 Cash Prize
2nd Place- $50 Cash Prize
3rd Place- $50 Cash Prize
Everyone- A chance to show your film/video to an audience!
The audience will decides the winner on the night of the event after all films have been shown. They will cast there votes by using SAC’s text voting system.
- All entries must be no longer than 12 minutes in length.
- Only one submission per student
- All applications are due March 25th by 4pm in the CAC office. No late applications will be accepted.
- All students must be advised that the films maybe seen on a screen that is visible to the public. Students may take precautions when filming their videos. While we don’t want to limit students’ creativity, we please ask you to try to refrain from any sexual or lewd images.
Your submission should include the following:
- A completed application form (use link to download)
- A DVD or Flash Drive of your Film
- A signed copy of the disclaimer
- Submit the above materials to the Campus Activities Center office, which is located at 121L in the lower level of the Overman Student Center.
- Submissions are due March 25th by 4pm in the CAC Office.
Film Festival Awards Selection Committee
This year, we will also appoint a Film Festival Awards Selection Committee, which will vote on and distribute awards to the submitted Films.
Members of SAC Visual Arts committee will view the Films and decide which ones are screened at the festival. We will likely screen all submissions, but it is based on the amount and length of the submissions we receive.