E-Proxy Access Instructions
The employee must have GUS (Gorilla User System) access and an email account. To log in to GUS, you must have a PSU Web ID (usually your employee ID number) and a GusPIN.
Information about GUS, and a GusPIN can be found by logging on to the Pittsburg State University home page at www.pittstate.edu ; click on "login"; choose "GUS" and then "Give me more information about GUS".
A GusPIN can be obtained in the Gorilla Geeks office in 109 Whitesett Hall by presenting a photo ID. You can use any email address that you personally have access to. You can also have an email account set up through "Gus Mail". From the Home Page click on "Login";"E-mail"; "Gus Mail Access" and follow the instructions.
- Once you are logged into GUS, click on "Authorize Release of University Records (E-Proxy)" on the left side of the page.
- Next select "Add/Edit/Revoke Access" - A box will appear in the middle of the next page with the message "No records found. Click Add to begin." Click "Add" on the lower right corner of the box.
- On Page 1, check the box "Release your employee pay stubs".
- On Page 2, fill in all of the boxes with the information about the person you are granting access to. Type in the Name, Street, City, State, Zip-code, Relationship (can be spouse, child, friend, etc.), and Phone Number. The "Keyword" box is very important. You will give your designee the keyword so he/she can set up their access to your information. You should make it something easy to remember because there is no way to retrieve it once you have completed the access process. Enter your designee's email address in the"Email address" box then click "Next".
- On Page 3, your designee's name should appear at the top of the page. Under the heading "The above denoted information is to be released for the purpose of: ", add a message such as "View my pay stub information."
- The next heading says "To be extended through the date of:" Click on the calendar icon and choose a future date for the access to expire. When date has been selected, click on "Done".
- This brings you back to the first page (Authorize Release of University Records (eProxy) Add/Edit/Revoke Access) then click on "Finalize".
- The final screen appears with the message "Authorize Release of University Records (eProxy) Your changes have been officially saved." Click "OK".
The designee (the person access is being granted to) must have GUS access (details below) and an email account .
1) Log into your email account. A message should appear from the employee saying "Pittsburg State University eProxy Access-Attention: Your Name You have been granted access by Employee's Name. Open the email.
2) The message will show that you have been granted eProxy access. On the lower half of the page is the statement "To setup your eProxy Access, please visit:" Click on the link.
- "Step 1" Displays a log in key.
- "Step 2" Asks you to "Enter your Keyword". This will be the keyword that the employee used in the screen he/she completed to grant you access.
- "Step 3" Gives you directions "To set up and access your eProxy Access Account".
- Follow the options to proceed with the GUS login or how to obtain a PSU WEB ID and a GusPIN/Password.
3) The next screen is labeled "View Records". Click on the icon for "Pay Stubs".
- You will be able to view the employee's pay stub by pay date.
- You can use your browser's "back" button to return to the "Pay Stub Information" screen to view other pay stubs or year to date information.
4) When you are finished, just click on "Quit Gus", or close your browser.
5) To log in the next time, go to the www.pittstate.edu home page, select "Login"," GUS", and the option to "View Records" will be listed on the left column of the page. Simply click on the Electronic Pay Stub option and choose a pay stub to view.