Benefits For Active Employees
Health Promotion Program - HealthQuest
Free Biometric Screenings Offered Statewide
Make Your Appointment Now!
The schedule for the free biometric screenings (formerly called health screenings) for employees and eligible dependents at Pittsburg State University is as follows:
Monday, November 4 - Deadline to sign up is October 30 at midnight
Tuesday, February 4 - Deadline to sign up is January 30 at midnight
Wednesday, February 5 - Deadline to sign up is January 31 at midnight
Thursday, February 6 - Deadline to sign up is February 3 at midnight
Tuesday, May 20 - Deadline to sign up is May 15 at midnight
Employees only need to sign up for 1 screening during the Rewards Program earning period – August 1, 2013 through July 31, 2014.
Log in to your account on the wellness portal at www.KansasHealthQuest.com and click on "Biometric Screenings" from the left menu and then select "Onsite Screenings"
What is a Biometric Screening?
HealthQuest sponsors free biometric screenings at worksites statewide. Testing is conducted in 30 minutes or less using a simple finger stick. Results you will receive include:
* Total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and total cholesterol to HDL ratio
* Triglycerides and glucose
* Systolic and diastolic blood pressure
* Height, weight and body mass index (BMI)
* Waist circumference
Remember to fast for a minimum of nine hours prior to your appointment. Please drink water to stay hydrated; black coffee and tea are also okay (no cream or sugar). Take medications as usual.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
* Benefits eligible State and Non State employees who are enrolled in the state employee health plan or who have waived coverage in the plan
* Retirees, spouses and dependents 18 years or older who are enrolled in the state employee health plan
How Do I Sign Up?
* Log in to your account on the wellness portal at www.KansasHealthQuest.com and click on "Biometric Screenings" from the left menu and then select "Onsite Screenings"
* If you do not have internet access or have trouble with the online site, call toll-free 1-888-275-1205 and select option 5 for assistance making an appointment
* The early slots fill up quickly so make your appointment as soon as possible
* The appointment system closes two full business days in advance of an event
* Employees/health plan members can participate in one event between August 2013 and July 2014
How Do Employees Earn the 2015 Premium Incentive Discount?
1. Obtain your biometric numbers from one of three ways: 1) by attending an onsite screening event, 2) by scheduling a preventive screening visit with your physician, or 3) by ordering an at-home screening kit offered by HealthQuest. More info at http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/screening.html
2. Complete the required online health assessment questionnaire using your biometric numbers by July 31, 2014. More info at http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/assessment.html
3. Earn 20 additional credits by July 31, 2014. For full details on the HealthQuest Rewards Program, please visit http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/rewards.html