Where is the Student Health Center located?

The Student health center is located at 1801 S. Broadway.  It is the building located at the corner of Lindburg and Broadway.

Who can use the Student health?

Students that are currently enrolled in at least1 credit hour or more are eligible for services at the Student Health Center.

What does it cost to use the Health Services?

The Student Health Fee, which is included in the tuition each semester, allows students access to medical care provided at Student Health Services. This entitles the students to be eligible for free basic office visits with additional fees based on treatment. Detailed charge descriptions are available upon request.

When is the Student Health Center open?

The Student Health Center is open Monday thru Friday, 8:00a.m to 4:00p.m.  We are closed for Federal holidays, meetings and some campus events.  If we are going to be closed during normal hours, there will be a notice on the front door of the health center.

Do I need to make an appointment prior to being seen?

Students are strongly encouraged to make appointments to be seen by a Student Health Services medical provider. Same day and walk-in appointments are often available, but not guaranteed. Walk-ins are taken on a first-come first served basis, with scheduled appointments and emergencies taking preference. Appointments are required for such services as: Specialty Services (I.e. Physical Therapy, ENT referrals, Orthopedic, Dermatology, and Nutritional Counseling), school-related physicals, Pap and gynecological exams, and STD/HIV testing. Appointments may be made by calling, 620-235-4452 or through our Gorilla Wellness online portal.

Can anyone else see my records?

Any student under the age of 18 must have a signed consent form from their parents on file at the Health Center before medical records can be released.  If the student is over 18-years old, records cannot be seen without a written consent from the student or a court-ordered subpoena.

Can my family members be treated?

Spouses of currently enrolled students may be treated by the Health Center by paying a one-time per semester Spouse Fee. The fee covers basic office visits, with additional charges based on treatment. For inquiries regarding this fee, please call 235-4452.
We do not treat dependents of students.

What about birth control, STDs, HIV testing?

We offer male and female sexual health checkups, education and prevention programs. Condoms are available free at the reception desk.
Anonymous HIV testing and counseling is available. To schedule a confidential appointment contact the Student Health Center at 235-4452.

May I receive an excuse for missed classes during my illness or injury?

The Student Health Center provides a written documentation of illness/injury on an individual basis at the discretion of the health care provider. The documentation may then be presented to the instructor by the student for the instructor's consideration.
For illnesses and/or injuries requiring prolonged absence from class, the student should call the Campus Life and Auxiliary Services at (620) 235-4233, to report these absences. The Campus Life and Auxiliary Services will then communicate to instructors after a student's absence of three or more days. Notification by the Campus Life and Auxiliary Services does not relieve the student of the responsibility of later clearing the absence with the instructor. Therefore, students are encouraged to communicate with their instructors any prolonged absences.

What methods of payments does the Health Center accept?

Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check, credit card and Banana bucks. The Health Center honors the state-approved student health insurance plan, United Healthcare Student Resources, and will submit claims accordingly. The Health center does not submit claims for private health care insurance.  Receipts printed at time of payment have all the necessary information required by insurance companies.

Does the Health Center offer an IOU plan for services rendered?

Payment is expected at the time of service. However, exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the health care provider. If a payment is charged, a "hold" will be initiated and the student will not be able to enroll the following semester until the "hold" has been cleared.