Undergraduate Research Program
It is the vision of the Pittsburg State University Undergraduate Research Program to provide undergraduate research opportunities for students across all academic disciplines.
The PSU Undergraduate Research Program defines undergraduate research as an inquiry or investigation, conducted by an undergraduate student, which makes an original creative, applied, and/or scholarly contribution to the discipline. Undergraduate research should result in the development of new knowledge and provide an original contribution to the discipline.
Benefits of Undergraduate Research
- Enhances student learning through mentoring relationships with faculty
- Increases retention
- Increases enrollment in graduate education and provides effective career preparation
- Develops critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and intellectual independence
- Develops an understanding of research methodology
- Promotes an innovation-oriented culture
How to get involved
PSU undergraduate students, ask your academic advisor about undergraduate research opportunities in your major course of study or contact Brian Peery: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PSU faculty, click on the link below to find out about undergraduate research funding opportunities for faculty and a webinar about undergraduate research at PSU.