The Advancement Ambassadors are committed to those activities which strengthen and enhance the development of PSU. They will promote the university, its interest and goals, to develop meaningful communications among students, faculty, staff, employers, alumni and friends, representing PSU in private and public events related to the university and identifying and cultivating leadership for future university needs, class activities and voluntary support programs.
- Creating a diverse volunteer organization that engages the unique talents and gifts of PSU students in support of institutional advancement and university-wide events
- Developing service-oriented student leaders through training and practical application
- Increasing student awareness of and participation in university events designed to enhance interaction with PSU donors, employers, alumni and friends
- Building community among students, alumni, donors, faculty, employers, staff and friends through active support of PSU
Include, but are not limited to
- Members of Advancement Ambassadors, who fully commit to the organization, will have the opportunity to receive training in the following areas:
- Members will experience networking opportunities with distinguished alumni, employers, donors and friends of the university and will have the opportunity to interact with university leadership.
- Members will gain confidence working with other talented student leaders and campus staff.
- Members will have the opportunity to participate in mentorship/job shadow programs.
- Members will have the opportunity to work with exceptional staff in the division of University Advancement including the offices of:
Alumni & Constituent Relations
University Marketing & Communication
- Members will experience opportunities to interact with alumni, employers, donors and friends of the university.
- Members will have the opportunity to participate in various campus/community events such as the Business Education Alliance Pittsburg High School Junior and Senior Mock Interview Day as an interviewer.
- Members will be provided with official PSU attire for their personal use when representing the organization and the university.
PSU students must have completed a minimum of 48 academic hours by the end of the spring application semester. Transfer students must have a minimum of 48 academic hours and have completed one full semester at PSU (can include the spring semester of application). Students must also be in good academic standing and an active participant in the university community.
Members must be willing to commit to attending a monthly meeting and participate in several events during the academic year. Monthly meeting times and locations will be determined based on the availability of the Advancement Ambassadors and may change each semester depending on class and work schedules.
Each officer will be selected by the vice president and directors of University Advancement. Advisors will oversee responsibilities.
Non-voting Alumni Association Board Member
Preside over regular monthly meetings
Chair of Service Committee
Member of Honorary Family Selection Committee
Responsible for departmental shadow opportunities
Schedule speakers for monthly meetings
Chair of Social Committee
Presides over regular monthly meetings when the president is unavailable
Will serve as President the following year
Take meeting minutes
Keep monthly meeting attendance
Administer and maintain Facebook Group
Create yearly "Ambassador Yearbook"
The organization of Advancement Ambassadors will sponsor and oversee the annual award of PSU Honorary Family presented at the Family Day football game. The recipients are selected by a committee of the Advancement Ambassadors President, one member of Advancement Ambassadors and other PSU and Pittsburg community members.