General Information





Student health information is confidential and jointly maintained by University Counseling Services (UCS) and Student Health Services (SHC) electronically. Student health information is accessible and exchanged between UCS and SHS for the purpose of coordinating care. PSU does not release private health information about a student without that student's written permission, except in the case of imminent danger to themselves or others, child/dependent abuse, court order, or where otherwise required by law. Notations of counseling services are not part of a student's academic record at PSU.




Steven B. Mayhew, Ph.D., ABPP 
Dr. Mayhew is board-certified in Counseling Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) and is a licensed psychologist by the Kansas Behavioral Science and Regulatory Board. He is certified at the national level as a Health Service Provider in Psychology. Dr. Mayhew's clinical interests include psychopharmacology, depression, and evaluation and treatment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

Christine D. Perez, M.S., NCC, LCPC 
Ms. Perez is a licensed clinical professional counselor by the Kansas Behavioral Science and Regulatory Board. She completed her Master's degree in community agency counseling from Pittsburg State University. Ms. Perez is also certified as a Strengths Advocate from the Gallup Higher Education Division and has a special interest in strengths and positive psychology. She also works with students in individual counseling for anxiety, depression, and eating disorders, as well as couples therapy.

Linda Timme, MS, RD, LD
Ms. Timme is a registered dietician in the state of Kansas. She has been contracted with the Crawford County Health Department to provide students with support regarding their dietary needs. Ms. Timme will work individually with students to plan a program of nutritional services to meet their needs in compliance with state and licensing boards.

University Counseling Services is a Practicum and Internship training site. All Practicum and Internship students work under the supervision of their faculty advisor and one of the licensed personnel of University Counseling Services.


StrengthsQuest is a revolutionary student engagement program from the Gallup Organization that helps students focus on their strengths rather than their weaknesses. The program encourages students' awareness of their personal strengths potential, helps students approach all aspects of their achievement from a strengths-based perspective, and enables students to create actionable, strategic plans that use their greatest talents to build strengths.

StrengthsQuest includes the Clifton StrengthsFinder, which is an online assessment tool that reveals student's five greatest areas of talent, as well as a web site with interactive features such as action plans, discussion boards, and more.

To find out more information about StrengthsQuest or to schedule an appointment to take the Clifton StrengthsFinder call 620-235-4452.