Share page: 

Set up a Credential File

If you are a current student in or a graduate of the College of Education, our office will help you set up your credential file. You will need to fill out a Credential Release Form Request for Service and Unofficial Transcript Request Form.  Please bring these forms by our office in 203 Horace Mann, or mail them to:

Career Services
Pittsburg State University
1701 S. Broadway
Pittsburg, KS 66762-7522


Important steps in starting and keeping up your credential file...

  1. Fill out the credential file release form and unofficial transcript request form. You may either send it in, or bring it by our office.
  2. Send, email, or bring in a recent copy of your resume.  It is up to you to keep your resume updated in your file!  We do not automatically take your resume off of Gorillas4Hire.  If you need assistance with your resume, please contact the Career Resource Center at (620) 235-4140.
  3. If necessary, request copies of transcripts from other universities.  It is up to you to contact them and have them sent to our office.
  4. Decide if your file will be open or closed.  For further information concerning open and closed files, please go to Open vs. Confidential Recommendations.
  5. Distribute your choice of reference sheet to approximately 3-5 references.  It is important that you complete and sign the top portion of the recommendation form before you pass it along to your references.  If it is a confidential recommendation, then they will need to send it directly to our office and we will add it to your file.
  6. It is up to YOU to update your credential file as needed. You can email updated resumes, reference sheets and cover letters to We cannot pull resumes directly off of Gorillas4Hire. It is also up to you to make your transcript is updated if you have recently graduated.