Click here for information on providing a gift to the Center for the Arts.
Click here to view naming opportunities in the Center for the Arts.
Click here to view progress of the Center for the Arts.
Wind Ensemble & Symphonic Band
The Pride of the Plains Marching Band
Brass and Percussion
PSU Opera Theatre
Fisk Organ Op. 106
Homecoming and Band Day
Midwest Trumpet Festival
Images around McCray Hall
Also visit the Music Department videos and stories page
The Walter McCray Collection at the Leonard H. Axe Library at PSUWalter McCray is a former PSU Music Department Chair and the person for whom the building is named.
John Philip Sousa (left) and Walter McCray (right) in Pittsburg, Kansas
Dr. Walter McCray was the second director of the Department of Music at Pittsburg State University, known then as the State Manual Training Normal School, and served in that capacity from September 1914 to August 1946. He died on December 5, 1959.