Are you looking for a program that boasts nearly 100% employment based on the past 10 years and on the projection into the next 10 years. This program continues to serve the public by providing competent, caring and committed FACS teachers. Teaching content in nutrition, child development, parenting, consumer education, interior design, fashion and career exploration, this highly valued career path usually ends up with students getting to have their pick of numerous job offers.
- If you want to become the kind of person that others look up to, become a Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher.
- If you want a 100% chance of a great career after graduation, become a Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher
The average salary of Kansas Teachers was $46,500 annually in 2012-13. The average beginning salary of Kansas teachers was $32,000 - $40,000. Teachers have good benefit packages and a schedule that is conducive to enjoying an active family lifestyle.
The demand for FACS teachers is very high. There are only two FACS teacher education programs in the state of Kansas.
Therefore, FACS education graduates are in high demand. We get requests for our graduates from other states as well including Connecticut, Washington and Colorado. Visit with our faculty for more information.
Check out the following links for additional information about our program.
- Grads and where they are teaching
- KSDE Standards for Teacher Education
- KSDE/NCATE Matrix
- Admission to Teacher Education
- PSU FACS Teacher Education Program Guide
- Kansas Program Standards for secondary programs
- Photos from Teacher Education
- The American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Family Career and Community Leaders of America
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- FCS Education Vision and Mission Statement
For more information:
Carol Werhan, Teacher Education