Phone: 620-235-4748 Fax: 620-235-4003
• The Chemistry Department was well represented at the 43rd ACS Midwest Regional Meeting at Kearney, Nebraska on October 8-11, 2008. There were six presentations from PSU with five undergraduates attending as coauthors.
• Five PSU chemistry undergraduate students attended the American Chemical Society 236th National Meeting in Philadelphia from August 17 to 22. They presented an invited poster at the 10th Annual ChemLuminary Awards portion of the national meeting. The local MoKanOk section of the ACS was one of three national finalists in the category of “Greatest Community Involvement in Chemists Celebrate Earth Day” due to the hard work of the PSU Chemistry Club in presenting magic shows and other community outreach efforts. Congratulations to all the members of the Chemistry Club.
• Eight students from PSU attended the 53rd Pentasectional Meeting of the American Chemical Society in Duncan, Oklahoma on March 8. Of the five presentations given by students from Dr. Paul's group, four were given by undergraduates.
• Senior chemistry major, Semonti Sinharoy, attended the Society of Plastics Engineers' Global Plastics Environmental Conference in Orlando, Florida on March 11. Her poster took first place honors among undergraduate student poster presentations.
• Dr. Jame McAfee of the Department of Chemistry is one of PSU's "Outstanding Faculty Award" winners. He was presented the award at the March 6 Apple Day convocation. Three PSU faculty are given the award each year. The winners are nominated and selected by students. Congratulations to Dr. McAfee.
Stories about Chemistry Students, Faculty, Alumni, Events, Speakers and Lectures