Information for Authors and Style Sheet
The American Economist welcomes submissions to the journal, which is published each year in the Spring and Fall. Please send an electronic version of your article in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The paper should include five keywords and an abstract of about 100 words, which will be used on the web to describe the article. Articles that have already been published cannot be accepted. All submissions are blindly refereed before publication.
Articles regarding all areas of Economics and its related fields are appropriate for submission. The article for submission should be about twenty-five pages long.
There is no fee for students. All others please submit a submission fee of $25.00, payable to The American Economist and mailed to:
Paul W. Grimes, Editor
The American Economist
Kelce College of Business
101C Kelce Center
Pittsburg State University
Pittsburg, KS 66762
- A title page should include article's title and the author's name and affiliation. Address details should be brief, including telephone number and e-mail.
- The text of the article should include section headings (designated by Roman numerals—I, II, III...), and subsection headings (Arabic numbers—1,2,3...). References to sources should be in the following form: (Jones 2003, 12-16).
- Please do not use any footnotes, rather put all notes immediately following your article. Numbering should be done using the standard Arabic number system (1,2,3, etc.).
- Please do not use any handwritten or typed figures and equations. All equations should be computer generated, and alike in proportion. The authors are responsible for providing copies of their charts, graphs, and tables and have them numbered consecutively in the text in Arabic numerals and also provided on separate sheets.
- References should follow the Notes section at the end of the article.
- For any style questions, please refer to the Chicago Manual of Style
- The American Economist holds the copyright to all its published articles.
All correspondence related to article submissions should be addressed to Paul Grimes at email@example.com. For all other questions, please contact ODE@aol.com.