The Honors College Program is a very important aspect to the overall academic climate at PSU. The students selected for the Honors College are among the brightest and most high achieving students within the undergraduate population. In order to ensure that Honors College students meet the specific requirements of the program, here are some details all academic advisors who advise Honors College students need to be familiar with.
1. Take a minimum of four general education courses designated as honors courses (It is recommended that the student enroll in one honors general education course each of the first four semesters at PSU.)
2. Grade Point Average needed to continue in the Honors College:
- Freshmen must maintain a 3.2 cumulative grade point average
- Sophomores must maintain a 3.4 cumulative grade point average.
- Juniors and Seniors must maintain a 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
3. Participate in the PSU Departmental Honors Program http://www.pittstate.edu/office/registrar/departmental-academic-honors.dot (It is recommended that students review the coursework in the major area of study to determine which classes are eligible for departmental academic honors and plan ahead. The maximum departmental honors courses allowed in one semester are two. Departmental academic honors coursework may not be taken during the semester of student teaching for education majors.)
For additional information, please contact the Director of the Honors College, Dr. Craig Fuchs at extension 4176.