To declare, change, or add a major, minor or emphasis area, a student may select "change my major" in GUS and then "edit" the major (or minor) that is currently listed. The student's major department (if changing a minor or emphasis area) or the department that the student is changing to (if declaring or changing majors) may also make this change using GUS. Once a student has had an official degree check, changes may only be made in the Registrar's Office.