International Undergraduate Admission Steps
Applications for admission are accepted for Fall Semester (August), Spring Semester (January), and Summer Session (June).
The following are required prior to completion of the application process:
Submit application for admission. You may apply using the on-line application (preferred) or print the PDF version.
- Pay the $50.00 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- For an additional cost of $45.00 we will Express Mail your I-20 should you be accepted
Submit the following documents:
- Complete official transcripts or academic records in native language and official English translation including grades earned in each subject.
- Copy of the secondary school or high school certificate of completion or diploma, if applicable
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score results (if available)
- Current certified bank statement or financial guarantee (within 6 months)
- Financial statement of support form
- Copy of passport (if available)
All official documents (original or certified copies) must be mailed directly to Pittsburg State University. Official transcripts must be received direct from the issuing school in a sealed envelop.
Mail application documents to:
Pittsburg State University
118 Whitesitt Hall
1701 S Broadway
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Unofficial copies of documents may be emailed to email@example.com for preliminary use only. A hold will be placed on the application until the official documents are received.
- If you are currently studying in the U.S. you will need to complete the SEVIS Transfer Form
- If your spouse and/or dependent children will be joining you in the US, you will need to complete the Dependent Form
STEP 5 (Optional)
International Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- High School Academic Records: A minimum GPA (grade point average) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) in high school and have earned a high school diploma
- International College/University Academic Records: A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) in an accredited international post secondary institution (college/university)
- U.S. College/University Academic Records: A minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) if transferring from an accredited U.S. college with at least 24 credit hours (approximately one year of college work)
International students are exempt from the ACT or SAT requirement for admission. The ACT/SAT is not required for international admission.
English Language Requirement
In order to begin academic programs at Pittsburg State University, all International students must submit an official, passing TOEFL or IELTS score to the Office of International Programs and Services.
TOEFL score of at least 520 (paper) or 68 (internet) is required. In addition, a minimum score of 15 is required in each section (internet). Some academic programs (majors) may require a higher TOEFL score.* Institutional TOEFL and ITP TOEFL scores are not accepted.
How to submit your test score
Contact ETS and request that your score be sent to PSU electronically. Our university code is 6336. You do not need to enter a departmental code.
Overall score of 6.0 with a minimum score of 5.0. in each band of the IELTS is required. If a lower score is earned in any of the five band scores, the overall score cannot be accepted. Some academic programs (majors) may require a higher IELTS score.*
How to submit your test score
Contact IELTS and request that an official score sheet be sent to PSU.
*Communication, Nursing, Psychology and ESOL majors require a 550/79 on the TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTs.
Conditional Admission - Intensive English Program
Students who do not submit a passing TOEFL or IELTS score can be offered conditional admission for most academic programs. Students will be required to enroll in and successfully complete the highest level of PSU's Intensive English Program (IEP), prior to beginning any academic coursework. The successful completion of the Academic Preparation Course is equivalent of a 550/79 TOEFL and can be substituted for the TOEFL requirement. Visit the IEP website for more information
Applicants who can verify one of the following prior to enrollment are exempt from the TOEFL and IELTS requirements:
- Graduated from an accredited high school in United States.
- Completed 24 transfer hours from an accredited post secondary institution in the United States that includes 3 credit hours of English Composition equivalent to PSU English Composition 101 with a grade of C or better.
- German students who have passed the DAAD language test through the German Academic Exchange Service with a score of B2, C1 or C2.
Pittsburg State University reserves the right to change standards for admission as deemed necessary. Every attempt will be made to communicate changes of policy, but the lack of knowledge of admission policy on the part of the prospective student will not be reason for the University to waive current admission standards.